The list below are all of the sources that GeoJoint shows. The name and the URL are linked immediately to their website. The “View all posts on GeoJoint” is simply a link to the posts that we link to. If you were to click on an individual article, then you will be taken back to the original website (in a new tab). To add your website to the GeoJoint feed source (free), click here. Note: This is different from the Links tab.
- 3Develop | http://www.3develop.nl/blog/language/en/ | View all articles on GeoJoint
3Develop is the company of Frans Blok. While studying Architecture at Delft University in the eighties, frans witnessed the very beginning of computer aided design in architecture, which later became his specialisation. In the past 25 years he worked on the design and visualization of a large number, and a large variety, of projects.
- A VerySpatial Podcast | http://veryspatial.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
The podcast is hosted by Jesse Rouse, Sue Bergeron, and Frank Lafone. A VerySpatial Podcast is your weekly source for information on Geography and geospatial technologies. Geography touches most things we do everyday and geospatial technologies are taking over the world. This podcast seeks to point out how geo is filtering into our digital lives and daily lives.
- Adventures in Mapping | https://adventuresinmapping.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
This is John Nelson's blog. John is a cartographer and designer living in Michigan.
- AE2S | https://www.ae2s.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
AE2S is a specialized civil/environmental consulting engineering firm that provides professional services and our unique brand of extreme client service to clients in the Upper Midwest. AE2S also publishes a blog which is available for all.
- aerial-survey-base | https://www.aerial-survey-base.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
aerial-survey-base delivers business consulting, advisory, coaching and practical training for aerial survey, photogrammetry and LiDAR.
- American Geographical Society | https://americangeo.org | View all articles on GeoJoint
The American Geographical Society (AGS) is a 21st-century learning society dedicated to the advancement of geographic thinking, knowledge, and understanding across business, government, academe, social sectors, and most importantly with teachers and students. The mission of AGS is to advance and promote geography in business, government, science, and education. Our goal is to enhance the nation’s geographic literacy so as to engender sound public policy, national security, and human well-being worldwide. AGS seeks to engage the American public, from its youngest to its oldest citizens, with new and amazing ways to understand and characterize our changing world. The Society maintains its headquarters in New York City.
- Andrew Cutts | http://www.acgeospatial.co.uk | View all articles on GeoJoint
Freelancer and Consultant in GIS, Earth Observation, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Python, Data Analytics
- Andrew Zolnai Blog | https://blog.zolnai.ca | View all articles on GeoJoint
Blog by ...... Andrew Zolnai Blog - Volunteered Geographic Information
- Anything Geospatial | http://blog.gisuser.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
GIS, Maps, Geo and Location Technology by @gletham
- Apogeo Spatial | http://apogeospatial.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Apogeo focuses on long-term sustainability and security of the planet and people. We provide visual intelligence elevating global awareness. Business, government and academic professionals find the information—and inspiration—for using geospatial tools to build a more sustainable world. With the fresh, relevant insights from expert contributors, stunning visuals and clear examples of the technologies, those who make critical policy and business decisions about the world’s resources will understand the power of remotely sensed data.
- archaeoGIS | https://archaeogis.wordpress.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
This site is dedicated to things that are potentially of interest to folks involved in archaeological survey-related stuff, archaeological GIS, and the interface between them.
- Avenza Systems | https://www.avenza.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Avenza Systems is focused on delivering powerful mapping software that facilitates design, publication, and spatial imaging, as well as providing a platform for commercial and recreational users to consume maps on their mobile devices. MAPublisher® is a suite of plug-in tools for Adobe Illustrator, leveraging its superior graphics capabilities for high-quality map creation. Geographic Imager® software enhances Adobe Photoshop to make working with spatial imagery quick and efficient. The Avenza Maps app helps users consume high-quality cartographic products.
- BeSpatial | https://www.bespatialontario.ca | View all articles on GeoJoint
A geospatial and information-focused association that is recognized as the premier non-profit organization for the geospatial and information community in Ontario. The Association promotes information sharing and interoperability with other relevant professional organizations, government organizations, private industry and educational institutions.
- Between the Poles | https://geospatial.blogs.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Between the Poles is a blog that will has two key focuses, geospatial IT and how utilities, telecommunications firms, transportation organizations, and others who have to manage network infrastructures have used it to address real-world business problems.
- Blue Raster | https://www.blueraster.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Since 2002, Blue Raster has partnered at the senior level with leading global organizations, helping them share their unique stories through the powerful visual medium of interactive maps. We make organizational visions a reality, and in our success, we strive to push further — moving beyond dots on a map.
- Bluesky | https://www.bluesky-world.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Bluesky is a customer focused company dedicated to delivering first class, innovative geographic data sets and services at affordable prices. We specialise in the acquisition of aerial photography, and the creation of derived products such as height data, topographic mapping and airport mapping. Our expertise also includes airborne LiDAR, thermal acquisition as well as photogrammetry.
- BostonGIS | http://www.bostongis.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
BostonGIS is a testbed for GIS and Web Mapping solutions utilizing open source, freely available and/or open gis technologies. We will be using mostly Boston, Massachusetts data to provide mapping and spatial database examples.
- British Cartographic Society | http://www.cartography.org.uk | View all articles on GeoJoint
The BCS is regarded as one of the world's leading cartographic societies and our publications and events showcase the latest developments in mapping, facilitating knowledge exchange and contributing to industry and the future of the discipline. We define cartography as the art, science and technology of mapmaking. Our activities aim to promote all aspects of maps and mapmaking and advance cartography, in theory and practice, in society today.
- Cageyjames & Geobabbler | https://cng.fireside.fm | View all articles on GeoJoint
"Two old guys talk about new spatial technology." James Fee and Bill Dollins have been around GIS and Spatial technology for over 50 years combined. Between them they might remember a thing or two about technology and how to use it. This monthly podcast isn't about interviews or buzzwords, but how to apply spatial technology to your workflows.
- Cameron Shorter | http://cameronshorter.blogspot.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Thoughts on the Open Source, Geospatial, Learning, sometimes with an Australian flavour.
- Canadian Geographic | https://www.canadiangeographic.ca | View all articles on GeoJoint
The authoritative source for all things geography, wildlife and environment, climate and energy, travel, culture and exploration in Canada, Canadian Geographic has been making Canada better known to Canada and the world since 1930.
- Canadian GIS & Geomatics | https://canadiangis.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Candian GIS's goal is to increase awareness of the Geography of Canada while promoting the use of free Canadian Geographic Information and Resources.
- Cartographers’ Guild | https://www.cartographersguild.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
The Cartographers’ Guild is a forum created by and for map makers and aficionados, a place where every aspect of cartography can be admired, examined, learned, and discussed. Our membership consists of professional designers and artists, hobbyists, and amateurs—all are welcome to join and participate in the quest for cartographic skill and knowledge. Although we specialize in maps of fictional realms, as commonly used in both novels and games (both tabletop and role-playing), many Guild members are also proficient in historical and contemporary maps. Likewise, we specialize in computer-assisted cartography (such as with GIMP, Adobe apps, Campaign Cartographer, Dundjinni, etc.), although many members here also have interest in maps drafted by hand.
- Cartonerd | http://cartonerd.blogspot.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
This is a personal cartonerd blog from Kenneth Field where he offers opinions and critique maps. Serious points with a good dose of British sarcasm. It's about the maps, not you.
- Cloudpoint Geographics | http://www.cloudpointgeo.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
GIS Tips & Tricks - We have lots of good ideas. Our range of expertise is not limited to local government, From GIS training, avoiding angry Bulls, to fishing in Wisconsin. Our Blog will keep you entertained and learning.
- Coordinates | https://mycoordinates.org | View all articles on GeoJoint
COORDINATES, is an exclusive monthly magazine on positioning, navigation, associated technologies and applications. It focuses on LBS/GPS/GALILEO/GLONASS/ and other GNSS systems. It also covers related technologies and applications like Mapping, Surveying, Cartography, Timing etc. It also highlights GIS, Remote Sensing, LIDAR, Photogrammetry etc and their applications.
- Digital Geography | http://www.digital-geography.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
digital-geography.com is your blog for all digital aspects of geosciences. Digital-Geography.com - GIS, geodata, maps and anything related!
- Directions Magazine (Podcast) | https://player.fm/series/directions-magazine-podcasts | View all articles on GeoJoint
Directions Magazine has insights on location ready where you are – always online – always mobile ready. Through our articles, webinars, and social media, we engage our audience with information about the latest developments and inspire them to solve global challenges with geospatial technology. This link is for the Podcasts that Digital Magazine publishes.
- Earth Imaging Journal | https://eijournal.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Earth Imaging Journal is a bimonthly print magazine covering a range of earth observation and geospatial technologies and applications. Content is crafted to satisfy novice through professional. Columns and articles are written by industry professionals, researchers and magazine staff to illuminate the broad band of applications, products and processes that are shaping the international Earth imaging market.
- Ed Parsons | https://www.edparsons.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Google's Geographer, Dad, and Emeritus Aviator. Views expressed here are purely my own!
- Eos Positioning Systems | https://eos-gnss.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Eos Positioning Systems (Eos) makes high-accuracy location easy, affordable and profitable. Select the iOS, Android or Windows device of your choice, run the field data collection app that fits your needs, and start using external Bluetooth GPS / GNSS instantly. Your Arrow Series™ receiver lets you collect, update and share submeter, subfoot and centimeter locations in real time.
- eSpatial | https://www.espatial.com/blog | View all articles on GeoJoint
eSpatial is engineered for the enterprise and designed for the user. We believe mapping should be fast, easy and powerful. With our cloud-based mapping software, you can easily upload, visualize, and analyze multiple layers of data. It's rapid visual insight that takes the guesswork out of decision making.
- Esri | https://www.esri.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
- Esri UK & Ireland | https://communityhub.esriuk.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Esri UK & Ireland
- EthicalGEO | https://ethicalgeo.org | View all articles on GeoJoint
The EthicalGEO initiative seeks to activate thinkers, innovators, entrepreneurs, policymakers, practitioners, students, and everyday citizens and bring them in to a global dialog that shines a light on their best ideas about the ethical challenges and opportunities posed by the many geospatial technologies and data sources that are reshaping our society.
- Everything is Spatial | https://cindygeodev.wordpress.com/ | View all articles on GeoJoint
Cindy's blog about geoinformatics (GIS/databases/geographical science), programming and lifelong learning.
- Free and OS GIS Ramblings | https://anitagraser.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
This blog is written by Anita Graser and the blog was born in 2010 as a place to record her thoughts and experiences in using open source GIS.
- Fuzzy Tolerance | http://www.fuzzytolerance.info | View all articles on GeoJoint
Fuzzy Tolerance is a technology and development blog focused primarily, but not exclusively, on Geospatial Information Systems (GIS). It also takes a strong bent, all things being equal, towards free and open source software. Its primary purpose is to foster knowledge sharing, communication, and collaboration with the community.
- Geo Lounge | https://www.geolounge.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Geo Lounge is an information site about all things geography. Find information here about physical and human geography as well as guides for learning about geography and developing a career in geography.
- GeoAfrikana | https://geoafrikana.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
At GeoAfrikana, our main goal is to provide cutting-edge spatial solutions. We cover GIS analysis, Cartography (web map and print/picture map) and Remote Sensing services for our clients.
- Geoawesomeness | https://geoawesomeness.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Geoawesomeness is a blog about geospatial technologies and everything awesome around it. We are passionate about gis, maps, location-based apps, geomarketing, drones and remote sensing. With a team of people from all around the world, with different backgrounds, cultures and interests we aim to be not only the best geo-news platform but also to provide constructive commentary about all awesome stuff that are happening in the geo-industry.
- Geoconnexion | https://www.geoconnexion.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
GeoConnexion International and GeoConnexion UK bring you the latest news and stories plus reports from geotechnology industries in UK, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, North America and Asia. (Note: There is a problem with the feed from the Geoconnexion website and the dates may be inaccurate.)
- Geocortex | https://www.geocortex.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
We are a software and services organization headquartered in beautiful Victoria, BC. We believe that geography empowers people to make vastly better decisions about the world around us; we help them accomplish this with Geocortex technology.
- Geodata IT | https://geodatait.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Geodata IT, LLC is an innovative and advanced technology company located in St. Louis, Missouri. Founded in 2012, we are a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) with SBA 8(a) Business Development Program Certification . The management and information technology professionals at Geodata IT utilize engineering best practices to provide cost effective information technology, data science and GIS solutions that are designed to help our customers meet their mission and be better than the competition. With an Open Ratings Score of >95%, Geodata IT and its employees have a reputation and a history of being trustworthy and reliable.
- geodorable | https://geodorable.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
With a passion for GIS, location intelligence, maps, cartography, indeed anything with a whiff of spatial, Chris and Mark decided to seek fame and fortune by starting a podcast that may include anything and everything about the geospatial world. From news articles about the GIS industry that take our fancy, interviews with GIS practitioners, random acts of geospatial madness and of course the legendary game Export to Shapefile. So if you like maps and location then you might find listening to a couple of middle-aged guys from the land of the long white cloud (New Zealand) chat irreverently about geospatial stuff just the ticket!
- Geoger | https://geoger.co.uk | View all articles on GeoJoint
Geoger enables Dr Alastair Graham to engage fully with his passion for all things Earth observation and environmental data; push forward his interest in open source technologies in the spatial/environmental sector; and work directly with clients to implement effective solutions. Where appropriate these will use open source, but the best solutions to the problem at hand will always be the main driving force.
- Geographical Imaginations | http://www.geographicalimaginations.org | View all articles on GeoJoint
The Geographical Imaginations Expedition & Institute is a growing multi-media public geography initiative designed to bring together academic and everyday geographical, or spatial, thinking. The main focus of the project is an hour-long radio essay program broadcast monthly from Radio Fabrik in Salzburg, Austria. We call it, “Geographical Imaginations: Radio Expeditions into the Geographies of Everything & Nothing.” In each episode we make short expeditions investigating the geographies of ________. We reflect upon our relationships with the worlds we inhabit and co-create. While many of the episodes deal with local and regional topics, themes are somewhat universal and our investigations could inform the geographical imaginations of those living anywhere in the world.
- GeoHipster | http://geohipster.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
GeoHipster is a collaborative independent online publication on geotechnology and culture, with special focus on open source and open data. We interview geohipsters (the meaning of the term being open to interpretation) from all walks of life and from all corners of the world. We aim to be informative and entertaining.
- GeoInformatics | http://geoinformatics.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
We provide coverage, analysis and commentary with respect to the international surveying, mapping and GIS industry. Recognizing the integrated nature of the geospatial information industry, GeoInformatics presents thought provoking and useful information.
- Geometa Lab HSR Blog | https://geometalab.tumblr.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
- geoMusings | http://blog.geomusings.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
geospatial technologies and practices blog and podcast posts
- GeoServer | http://geoserver.org | View all articles on GeoJoint
GeoServer is an open source server for sharing geospatial data. Designed for interoperability, it publishes data from any major spatial data source using open standards.
- Geospatial Data Science Blog | https://lidarblog.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Geospatial Data Science - The Science of Where - The science that investigates the 'where' and 'why' of various human and natural phenomena! As geographers, we discover deeper insights, make better decisions, and take them to action.
- Geospatial Insight | https://www.geospatial-insight.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Geospatial Insight has an enviable market position as one of the leading providers of geospatial intelligence in the World with proven expertise across the investment, insurance and corporate sectors through ground-breaking alternative data solutions that are augmenting traditional data analytics, enabling rapid response to major catastrophe events and fundamentally revolutionising how insurers, investors and the markets make business decisions.
- Geospatial Solutions | http://geospatial-solutions.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Geospatial Solutions, sister brand to GPS World, provides breaking news and features from our editorial staff and other industry experts, interesting application case studies, and news on the use of geographic information systems (GIS) for all industries that use geospatial data. Areas covered include Big Data, desktop and mobile GIS, Earth imaging, use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), policy news and the state of the geospatial industry. Aside from daily news coverage, the brand has two monthly enewsletters, Geospatial Solutions Monthly and Geointelligence Insider.
- Geospatial World | https://www.geospatialworld.net | View all articles on GeoJoint
Geospatial World is the media and public relations arm of Geospatial Media & Communications. Our offerings through multiple channels — online, video, print magazine, social media, and custom content creation and marketingstrategies — bring out the latest on technology trends and analysis, views of experts and advocacy on policy issues. Expert authors, guest contributors from across the spectrum and an advisory board of top thought leaders give us an exceptional grip on the industry.
- Getmapping | https://www.getmapping.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Getmapping specialise in the advancement of geospatial technologies, notably Web Map Services, Cloud-based GIS, airborne and ground-based survey solutions, and business mapping processes. These technologies assist our customers in extracting answers and intelligence from geographic data.
- GIS & You | https://gisandyou.org | View all articles on GeoJoint
News from the King County GIS Center - The King County GIS Center provides quality service and exceptional value for our clients with the most capable GIS organization in the Pacific Northwest. Unlike most consultants, our professional staff members are not merely theoreticians, but practicing users of the types of GIS solutions government and business require.
- GIS and Agent-Based Modeling | https://www.gisagents.org | View all articles on GeoJoint
GIS and Agent-based modeling is written and maintained by Dr Andrew Crooks, its aim is to highlight and examine the latest advances in the fields of agent-based modeling, geographical information science (GIS) and other things along the way loosely constrained around urban systems.
- GIS Blog (It’s All About GIS) | http://edutechsoft.blogspot.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
This blog is for GIS and Remote Sensing. You get here different types of GIS and Remote Sensing software, Engineering software, GPS related software, GIS related Books, Many tutorial, Hacking tricks, Windows software and much more
- GIS CAD Interoperability | http://giscadblog.blogspot.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Don Kuehne's ideas for GIS and CAD integration, discussion, tips and work flow suggestions.
- GIS for Thought | https://gisforthought.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
This is a personal blog for Heikki Vesanto, a a GIS professional based in Ireland, with a passion for anything spatial.
- GIS Lounge | https://www.gislounge.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
GIS Lounge is an information portal primarily relating to the field of geographic information systems. The purpose of this site is to provide introductory text for issues relating to GIS as well as interesting news items, tips, and resources for the geospatial field. This site is run by Caitlin Dempsey Morais.
- GIS People | https://www.gispeople.com.au/news/ | View all articles on GeoJoint
- GIS Times | http://www.gistimes.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
GIStimes is an online publication for anything geospatial. Read news around Geographic Information Systems, Remote Sensing and UAVs, and get first hand exposure to technological breakthroughs, mobile application reviews, and business news from the geospatial markets.
- GIS Tools and Techniques for Landscape Ecological Research | http://gislandscapeecology.blogspot.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
I've introduced this blog as a way to share GIS tips and techniques for ecologists and land managers. With more spatial data available than ever and spatial data being more central to ecological studies having straightforward solutions would likely help many people. I'll share some of what I've learned along the way and hopefully that will help some folks.
- GIS-Blog | https://www.gis-blog.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
GIS-Blog.com was created to share knowledge about GIS, Remote Sensing and Environmental Science related topics and is 100% non-commercial. The content solely reflects the personal opinions of the authors.
- gisadvising | https://artlembo.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
gisadvising operates as a running stream-of-consciousness about my ideas related to the spatial sciences. I am a technologist and an educator, not a philosopher. Therefore, I rarely wax poetic about the “way things should be”, or give my opinions about some new GIS standard that comes out. In these pages you will get a peek into the things we are working on in my lab or the new ideas I’m introducing in my courses.
- GISCafé | https://www.giscafe.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
GIS News and information from around the world.
- GIScience News Blog | http://k1z.blog.uni-heidelberg.de | View all articles on GeoJoint
News of Heidelberg University’s GIScience Research Group
- GISGeography.com | https://gisgeography.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
GISGeography.com is a website about Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Geography. This team of GIS evangelists are passionate about creating unique content about all aspects of GIS. This comes in the form of well-crafted geo-infographics, guest posts and comprehensive lists. GISGeography.com strives to produce relevant articles on the uses and science of remote sensing and GIS. We are committed to sharing high quality information for anyone with an interest in learning GIS. This philosophy is at the heart of everything we do.
- GISuser | http://gisuser.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
GISuser is owned and operated by spatial Media LLC, Frederick, MD. GISuser provides news and updates on the geospatial industry.
- GoGeomatics | https://gogeomatics.ca | View all articles on GeoJoint
GoGeomatics is the largest and most popular communications hub promoting the Canadian geospatial community. The business was incorporated in 2011. GoGeomatics hosts over 100 fun, free, location technology networking events each year in cities across Canada.
- Google Blog | https://www.blog.google | View all articles on GeoJoint
Google Blog - Discover all the latest about our products, technology, and Google culture on our official blog.
- Google Earth Blog | https://www.gearthblog.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Google Earth Blog is dedicated to sharing the best news, interesting sights, technology, and happenings for Google Earth. You will find the most amazing and interesting Google Earth news stories and content you can download right off the site. Learn how to take data from your GPS, map it into Google Earth, and share it with friends or the world. Learn when new releases of Google Earth come out, hear about new technologies and features, or check out the links to dozens of other Google Earth web sites.
- Google Earth Users Guide Project | http://googlearthusersguide.blogspot.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Google Earth Users Guide Project (with ArcGIS Online and Digimap for Schools): A project originally funded by the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) with an Innovative Geography Teaching Grant to develop teaching ideas for using Google Earth in the Geography classroom, expanded to include ArcGIS Online in 2014
- GPS World | https://www.gpsworld.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
GPS World’s market-segmented microsites are the freshest out-of-the-box tools for professionals in every tech field that uses or seeks to use global positioning, navigation, and timing. Use the tabs at the top of this page to access these highly targeted, highly accurate source materials. We’re more than a magazine. We are an information dissemination system. And we’re not done yet.
- Grind GIS | https://grindgis.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
- gvSIG | https://blog.gvsig.org | View all articles on GeoJoint
This is the blog of the gvSIG Association. On this website we will share with the gvSIG community news, opinions, technical questions, case studies, projects or any other topic. As it’s expressed on the first post, we encourage everyone to participate on this web log with comments and discussions about the most interesting topics for the users and developers of gvSIG.
- Hexagon Geospatial | https://www.hexagongeospatial.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications. Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous — ensuring a scalable, sustainable future. Our division creates solutions that visualize location intelligence. From the desktop to the browser to the edge, we bridge the divide between the geospatial and the operational worlds.
- IMGeospatial | https://www.imgeospatial.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
IMGeospatial leverages artificial intelligence, location-based and remote sensing data in a unique manner to extract actionable intelligence for businesses over time.
- Info GIS MAP | https://www.igismap.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Info GIS MAP.com provides information as to how to create, use and analyze different kind of maps for solving global complex problem with a different approach. This website has different GIS and map tools, making use of which you can solve problem without installing additional software’s.
- Intelligence Community News | https://intelligencecommunitynews.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Founded in 2013, Intelligence Community News is the daily online publication that Intelligence Community (IC) insiders trust for breaking news about the IC contracting landscape. Keep up to date with contract awards, business opportunities, M&As, new technologies, executive moves, and other vital information. Our daily e-newsletter is free to all readers. For industry professionals, we offer two subscription options that unlock full access to our library of 5,000+ articles – plus new content each weekday.
- International Cartographic Association | https://icaci.org | View all articles on GeoJoint
The mission of the International Cartographic Association (ICA) is to promote the disciplines and professions of cartography and GIScience in an international context.
- International LIDAR Mapping Forum | https://www.lidarmap.org | View all articles on GeoJoint
International Lidar Mapping Forum (ILMF) is a technical conference and exhibition showcasing the latest airborne, terrestrial, and underwater lidar as well as emerging remote-sensing and data collection tools and technologies for: Asset Management, Civil Infrastructure, Coastal Zone Mapping, Emergency Services & Disaster Response, Land and Natural Resource Management, Urban Modeling, and more
- Isn’t That Spatial | https://isntthatspatial.net | View all articles on GeoJoint
A podcast dedicated to casual geography and the spatial component of whatever.
- James Fee | https://medium.com/@jamesfee | View all articles on GeoJoint
James Fee has been a very vocal enthusiast of GIS. In the past, he has been part of numerous podcasts and blog articles. Check out his latest thoughts today.
- Joseph Kerski, Ph.D. | https://www.josephkerski.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Dr. Kerski conducts training in geotechnologies, creates curricular materials focused on spatial thinking and GIS in education, and conducts research in the effectiveness and implementation of these technologies in education. Joseph usually can be found in close proximity to a map, a set of spatial data, a latitude-longitude intersection, a guitar, or a cave.
- LiDAR News | https://lidarnews.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
- Lin.ear th.inking | http://lin-ear-th-inking.blogspot.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Because the shortest distance between two thoughts is a straight line
- Los Angeles County Enterprise GIS | http://egis3.lacounty.gov/egis/ | View all articles on GeoJoint
Geospatial technology for the citizens of Los Angeles County
- Lovell Johns | https://www.lovelljohns.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Lovell Johns provides organisations of all shapes and sizes with mapping solutions and geographic information solutions, utilising over 50 years’ experience to consistently exceed customer expectations.
- Making Maps: DIY Cartography | https://makingmaps.net | View all articles on GeoJoint
This blog highlights resources that supplement the Making Maps book and help you to make better maps. Like the Making Maps book, this blog also provides examples of creative and provocative maps and material on map making and understanding, culled from contemporary and historical sources.
- Manitoba GIS User Group | http://mgug.ca | View all articles on GeoJoint
The Manitoba GIS User Group (MGUG) is a group of geomatics professionals and interested individuals using or supporting the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for spatial data management, analysis, and visualization. Formed to facilitate communication between people working in all areas of GIS, the User Group meets to allow its members to learn more about current activities and technologies within the industry and to network with their peers.
- Map of the Week | https://mapoftheweek.blogspot.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Map of the Week started in or around 1993 when I shared a house in Lawrence, Kansas with fellow graduate student, frequent commenter and Renaissance blogger Michael5000. We started putting maps of the week on the kitchen wall (or maybe fridge I can't remember everything from those crazy college days.) They were not exotic or special - just maps that we felt like posting and the practice didn't stick for very long because we had homework and life to attend to...
- Mapa Jeff Cartography | http://mapajeff.blogspot.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
- Mapping Technology in Public Safety | https://mappingtechinpublicsafety.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
This blog will discuss how Geographic Information Systems (GIS) can be a valuable tool in Public Safety. The Mapping Tech in Public Safety Blog will also be a companion to the podcast of the same name. The purpose of this blog is to introduce non-technical information about GIS and the benefits for Public Safety Agencies. Information from the podcast can be found on this blog along with links to GIS website resources.
- Maps Mania | https://googlemapsmania.blogspot.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Keir Clarke's blog to help you keep up with the Google Maps related sites, blogs and tools that are cropping up.
- Miller Mountain LLC | https://millermountain.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
GIS is at the core of what we do at Miller Mountain LLC. We are experienced in spatial analysis, map automation, and developing custom tools to simplify your workflows.
- new jersey geographer | http://njgeo.org | View all articles on GeoJoint
njgeo.org is John Reiser’s personal weblog. The opinions expressed here are his alone, unless specified otherwise. He also expresses opinions through Twitter.
- Nobel Systems | https://nobelsystemsblog.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
With over 20+ years working in the GIS industry, Nobel Systems’ continues to deliver real-world solutions that integrate with your existing network and devices, enabling the collection and sharing of data. Our Cloud solutions provide easy access to your data with minimal training and no additional software or hardware is required.
- Node Dangles | https://maprantala.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
A GIS Programming Blog
- North River Geographic Systems, Inc | https://www.northrivergeographic.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
North River Geographic Systems, Inc is a company in the southeastern US. They work primarily with Free and Open Source Software for Geoinformatics (FOSS4G). The toolsets they use revolve around: GDAL, PostGIS/PostgreSQL, QGIS, Geoserver, Fulcrum. NRGS provides consulting, migration, training and support services for clients.
- NYS GIS Association | https://www.nysgis.net | View all articles on GeoJoint
The NYS GIS Association represents the interests of the entire geospatial community within New York and is the premier statewide professional organization for GIS and related industries. The Association is uniquely positioned to advocate in the state and nationally on issues of importance to the GIS industry (e.g., legislation and funding), reach out to sister organizations in other professions in building strong collaborations, and provide a statewide forum for advancing our profession through shared experiences, learning and training.
- OGC | http://www.opengeospatial.org | View all articles on GeoJoint
The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) is an international not for profit organization committed to making quality open standards for the global geospatial community. These standards are made through a consensus process and are freely available for anyone to use to improve sharing of the world's geospatial data.
- OpenStreetMap Blog | https://blog.openstreetmap.org | View all articles on GeoJoint
A blog on OpenStreetMap
- Orbital Insight | https://orbitalinsight.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Orbital Insight turns millions of images into a big-picture understanding of Earth. Not only does this create unprecedented transparency, but it also empowers business and policy decision makers with new insights and unbiased knowledge of socio-economic trends. As the number of Earth-observing devices grows and their data output expands, Orbital Insight’s geospatial analytics platform finds observational truth in an interconnected world. We map out and quantify the world’s complexities so that organizations can make more informed decisions.
- Ordnance Survey | https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/blog/ | View all articles on GeoJoint
This is the place to learn about who we are, what we do and life at Britain’s national mapping authority. We’re here to discuss everything geography, GI and mapping. As we blog on a range of topics, you can use the categories menu on the right hand side, or the blog sections at the top of each page to find topics that interest you.
- OSGeo | https://www.osgeo.org | View all articles on GeoJoint
The Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to foster global adoption of open geospatial technology by being an inclusive software foundation devoted to an open philosophy and participatory community driven development.
- PolicyMap | https://www.policymap.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
PolicyMap offers easy-to-use online mapping with data on demographics, real estate, health, jobs and more in communities across the US. From the classroom to the boardroom, thousands of organizations trust PolicyMap to find the right data for their research, market studies, business planning, site selection, grant applications and impact analysis.
- QGIS | https://qgis.org | View all articles on GeoJoint
A Free and Open Source Geographic Information System, blog posts written for all.
- Ryan Davidson | https://ryandavison.net | View all articles on GeoJoint
I started this blog because of my many interests and passions. I needed a place where I could just throw my thoughts down for my own future reference. In many ways, this blog is like a traditional weblog. It’s a daily gathering of my thoughts and experiences. It’s also a place where, hopefully, I can help others by providing knowledge and information about subjects including computer programming, creativity, art and, humor.
- Scribble Maps | https://www.scribblemaps.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
The Easiest Way to Draw and Share Maps! Used by students, hobbyists, governments, and even the military. Easily create embeds, images, and map data for free.
- SharedStreets | https://sharedstreets.io | View all articles on GeoJoint
SharedStreets build software, digital infrastructure, and governance frameworks to support new ways of managing and sharing data that keeps cities moving. SharedStreets is a project of the Open Transport Partnership, an independent nonprofit. We are committed to the independence and autonomy of our projects and software.
- Smathermather’s Weblog | https://smathermather.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Remote Sensing, GIS, Ecology, and Oddball Techniques Blog
- somethingaboutmaps | https://somethingaboutmaps.wordpress.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
A blog by Daniel Huffman, a cartographer.
- SoundCloud | https://soundcloud.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
SoundCloud lets people discover and enjoy the greatest selection of music from the most diverse creator community on earth. Since launching in 2008, the platform has become renowned for its unique content and features, including the ability to share music and connect directly with artists, as well as unearth breakthrough tracks, raw demos, podcasts and more.
- Spatial Blog (Dragons8mycat) | https://dragons8mycat.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
The Spatial Blog - The world as seen by Dragons8mycat
- Spatial Law and Policy | http://spatiallaw.blogspot.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Why Location Matters: The Legal and Policy Issues Associated with Location - Spatial Law and Policy is intended to provide information of general interest to the public and is not intended to offer legal advice about specific situations or problems.
- Spatial Reserves | https://spatialreserves.wordpress.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
The book, GIS Guide to Public Domain Data, was written to provide GIS practitioners and instructors with the essential skills to find, acquire, format, and analyze public domain spatial data. This blog was established to follow up on some of these themes, promote a discussion of the issues raised, and host a copy of the exercises that accompany the book. This story map provides a brief description of the exercises.
- Spatial Source | https://www.spatialsource.com.au | View all articles on GeoJoint
Spatial Source is the only independent news service for the Australasian surveying and spatial sectors.
- Spatial Times | https://www.spatialtimes.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
As primary author, Bryan gets together with a small team of professionals to discuss various spatial topics over a pint or coffee. Some of these discussions end up making it here to this site. The team consists of a few GIS consultants/DBAs/Devs/Architects who like to share what they’ve learned over the years – and so they don’t forget what they’ve learned either. Sure there are 5 ways to accomplish any GIS task – We just provide some detail into which method(s) worked for us. That said, the methods and approaches will change as technology does. The right answer today might not be the best tomorrow or perfect for every situation – I guess that means there is always something to share.
- Spatiality | https://spatiality.co.ke | View all articles on GeoJoint
Spatiality helps organizations of all sizes to deploy and implement ArcGIS Online solutions to make location data and information accessible for action and decision-making. Spatiality also publishes a blog on their website.
- Spatially Adjusted | http://spatiallyadjusted.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
James Fee's "Spatially Adjusted"
- Spatially Aware | https://spatiallyaware.co.uk | View all articles on GeoJoint
Spatially Aware is recognised as the PR and marketing specialist within the geospatial industry. With a 25 year track record our team has unrivalled marketing, sales and management experience in the industry. Whether suppliers of GIS, remote sensing, surveying technology or software, we play a pivotal role in helping companies build their businesses from start-up to become leaders in their field. If you want to raise your profile and generate sales we can help; we’ll put your business on the map!
- SSP Innovations | https://sspinnovations.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
SSP Innovations offers a variety of blog posts that break down trending industry topics, including how to use the latest tools, what new releases to look for, and development tips specific to the systems you use. Browse for updates on the Esri roadmap, enterprise strategies, and how to get more out of your technology investments.
- statescoop | https://statescoop.com/tag/gis/ | View all articles on GeoJoint
StateScoop reports on news and events impacting technology decisions in state and local government. With our website, daily newsletter and events, we bring together IT leaders and innovators from across government, academia and industry to exchange best practices and identify ways to improve state and local government.
- The Berry Lodge Surveying Podcast | https://berrylodge.podbean.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Berry Lodge Surveying Podcast: A topical and informative podcast on Property Surveying!
- The Map Den | https://themapden.co.uk | View all articles on GeoJoint
The Map Den, written by David, is a world of interesting articles and links related to GIS, mapping, earth observation, geo-location, geo-web applications and anything in between.
- The Map Guy(de) | https://themapguyde.blogspot.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
This blog will mostly be technology based, with primary focus on a piece of software I work with regularly on a day-to-day basis: Autodesk MapGuide and MapGuide Open Source
- The Map Kiwi | https://www.andrewdc.co.nz/blog/ | View all articles on GeoJoint
A blog and online map store by Andrew Douglas-Clifford.
- The Map Room | https://www.maproomblog.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
The Map Room is a blog about maps that covers everything from antique map collecting to the latest in geospatial technology.
- The Smart Community Podcast | https://mysmart.community | View all articles on GeoJoint
This is the Smart Community Podcast, where Smart City and Community enthusiasts come together and share their experiences and expertise. In the podcast, Zoe interviews people from all around the world, from many different backgrounds to talk about all things Smart City, Smart Town and Smart Region including, but limited to: technology, data, community, thought leadership, human-centered approach, policy and regulation and projects.
- The Survey Association (TSA) | https://www.tsa-uk.org.uk | View all articles on GeoJoint
The Survey Association (TSA) is the trade body for commercial survey companies in the UK. The role of TSA is to promote best practice amongst its members, provide a forum for members for discussion, debate and continuing professional development and, to the wider audience such as engineers and architects, provide guidance on new methods and techniques and a list of suitably qualified and experienced companies.
- The Wandering Cartographer | https://wanderingcartographer.wordpress.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
The Wandering Cartographer's thoughts about mapping, history, language, travel, mathematics…
- ThinkGeo Blog | https://thinkgeo.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Discussing Current Events in the GIS Industry and Highlighting New Map Suite Features. What is ThinkGeo? ThinkGeo is a GIS (Geographic Information Systems) company founded in 2004 and located in Frisco, TX. Our clients are in more than 40 industries including agriculture, energy, transportation, government, engineering, software development, and defense.
- thinkWhere | https://thinkwhere.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
thinkWhere specialises in the use of Open Source GIS and use globally leading technologies such as QGIS, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, GeoServer and OpenLayers. The company’s online GIS platforms are built using these components and provide organisations with easy access to web GIS, web mapping and web services.
- Training_Data | https://podcast.rss.com/trainingdata/ | View all articles on GeoJoint
The official podcast of IQT CosmiQ Works, an applied research lab dedicated to emerging geospatial analytics.
- Trajectory Magazine | http://trajectorymagazine.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Trajectory launched in 2012 as the official publication of the United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF)—the nonprofit, educational organization supporting the geospatial intelligence tradecraft. Trajectory provides high-level thought leadership for USGIF Members as well as for the defense, intelligence, homeland security communities, and the global GEOINT Community. Trajectory is the preeminent resource on issues of significance to all geospatial intelligence stakeholders.
- Trimble | https://www.trimble.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
- Vimeo | https://vimeo.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
- Visual Crossing | https://www.visualcrossing.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Visual Crossing Blog provides insight into weather data and weather analysis, mapping and geospatial analysis
- Winwaed Software Technology | https://www.winwaed.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
Winwaed Software Technology LLC specializes in developing and selling geospatial software. During this time, our largest market has been that of tools and add-ins for Caliper® Maptitude® and Microsoft® MapPoint®, both of which are sold through our Mapping-Tools.com website.
- xyHt | https://www.xyht.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
xyHt is a group of publications on geospatial topics—for professionals Flatdog Media LOgoand “prosumers”—published by Flatdog Media. We’re a source for news and analytics about land surveying, GNSS, UAS, hydrography, 3D imaging, and more (for a full overview of our coverage, scroll past the covers gallery below). We’re based in North America but our eyes and interests are international.
- YouTube | https://www.youtube.com | View all articles on GeoJoint
YouTube is a free video sharing website that makes it easy to watch online videos. You can even create and upload your own videos to share with others. Originally created in 2005, YouTube is now one of the most popular sites on the Web, with visitors watching around 6 billion hours of video every month.
Add your link today! Its free and easy. Click here to submit the information.